Sunday, October 02, 2011

Adjusted or Maladjusted?

Appetite is so much more than just hunger. Stress creates a desire for food in my life that is recognizably different from sustenance. Luckily, I get to have a front row seat to the struggles of others - sort of a built in support group. Life is always going to be a challenge, but the self image we take forward has a lot of influence.

My attitude will never be sunny all the time, but if I can trust myself to listen, the down days won't spiral out of control. Unrealistic expectations get me in trouble, but happen less as experience finally gives me perspective. Those with innate maturity are lucky!

Anyhow, hope this helps if you are having that sense of being overwhelmed...

What it means for me in practical terms is relieving stress (mostly with exercise) and using Mindfulness to recognize the opportunity here and now to simply be with the situation, without struggling - even if just for one breath (and it's always one breath!)

No comments: