Thursday, February 24, 2011

Role for Plication? Preop Weight for other procedures.

I think any program would more highly recommend gastric bypass, which has a proven track record, and durability. But, if the patient won't accept the best, we should still offer options.

These sisters have been in the news for their transplant - I didn't realize they had an obesity issue. Thanks to Dr Bachenberg for sending me the link!


Need to lose major weight to qualify for an operation

I have yet to see the research article this newspaper refers to, but it is not a surprise. Programs see this, and my recent visit to my old program in Duluth confirmed our experience there. Many Band patients are quite happy though, and I will continue to place them, with as much informed consent as humanly possible.

Gastric Bypass more effective than Band

No comments: